Studio Studio Studio

Anyone who has followed my social media meanderings over the past year may have heard me talk about getting a studio once, twice, perhaps three times.  Well it finally happened!  As of July 2014 I have a shooting space in NYC on 27th St and 6th Ave.  I am honored to be sharing with the incomparable Beth Galton, who I have known many years.  Party to follow soon!

The back story:  A little over Eight years ago when my wife was pregnant with our second daughter I decided to take a break from commuting to be home a bit more.  I completed a shooting space/office in my three car garage and started to use that as my home base, renting in the city when needed.  Like anything, it worked great for a while.  And I was certainly happy to have a low overhead in 2009.  Oh lordy, 2009. Let's all have a moment of silence for 2009.  But I began to miss being in the city and you know what they say, change is good.  Having a studio in NYC is a much different prospect today than it was 20 years ago when I opened my first place.  Many photographers, like Beth and myself, have banded together to share space and resources.  There will always be a need for content, the struggle is to remain relevant in an ever changing landscape.  It is truly a great time to be an image maker.

I am continually grateful to be able to make my living doing something I love.  I hope to see you soon!


View from the north windows.

A full Kitchen!

Working for Pepsi.

Working on an At Edge ad in my office, the image is from a shoot with Scientific American.