Identify, Don't Compare - Thomas Jackson


In the interest of not talking about myself all of the time I want to start a quasi regular series  highlighting other photographers work that I admire.  And with some words of wisdom I try to always live by, "identify, don't compare".  Don't get me wrong, I am fiercely competitive.  But other's work should inspire and light a fire under your ass, not keep you from creating.  I don't go to museums  and galleries enough, especially living in the NYC area, but they always give me juice. 

Yesterday Getty Images posted a video on their blog which I made highlighting my day. Their blog post here.  My blog post here.  Looking at their blog I discovered Thomas Jackson.  His whimsical, sculptural, and thoughtful imagery is something i can really appreciate.  I only wish he was more prolific with his blogging.  


© Thomas Jackson, "Post-its #2"
© Thomas Jackson.  This is the image I spied on Getty's Blog.
© Thomas Jackson, "Broken Pallet" from his Emergent Behavior series.