Save our jobs Mr. Jobs



What on earth could I possibly add to the debate and speculation about Tablets saving the publishing and photography industries? 


Will it do for media companies what the Kindle has done for book publishing? Amazon charges $10 for new releases while the books themselves are over $20, usually $25 plus shipping.  A coup for the consumer perhaps but publishers are getting squeezed and I bet Dean Koontz doesn't get paid less.


Or perhaps it will help like the iPod helped record companies... forcing them to sell single songs for less of a cut.  The "album" is all but dead.


Don't get me wrong, I love my Macs... the iPhone is possibly the best device ever made. But this idea that a new technology will save something, to me is misguided.  I hope to hell it does and that I am wrong but I have been shooting for 15 years, I have never seen rates go up.  And lately with the race to the bottom almost complete, is it too late?  Well, certainly not for Apple.