Jesse Burke - Identify & Compare.

all images ©Jesse Burke.

I have been in a creative slump these past couple of weeks so I have turned to my fellow artists and photographers for inspiration.  The goal for me is to identify with an artist, not to compare myself.  Telling myself this one phrase has always helped me look at someone's work I love and feel motivated instead of jealous.

Today I have been looking at a wonderful photographer I am sure you all know, Jesse Burke.  I really owe this one to my wife, the fabulous Elizabeth Fleming, she turned me on to Jesse's work a while back.
It is not only the simplicity and up front nature of his images that draws me in, but also the way he edits and presents his images. If you haven't done so, check him out on his site or his blog, he has a lot going on.