Mood Ring

A former assistant told me the other day that she loved my profile pictures on FaceBook, which I change frequently. "Wow your profile pics are killin' me! It's like you are making photos out of response to the color of your mood ring :)"  It has gotten me thinking about the emotions of my photography.   In college I used photography as a coping mechanism, a way to feel as I forged my way in life.  I later brought my photos away from fine art introspection into a commerce function.  I like the cool, graphic and simple.  Stark.  Funny. witty. Beautiful.  As a photographer and artist my emotions leak into the ether as I am constantly putting myself out there.  This photo above, a quick document of lighting on a job, has been on my desktop for a while now...  I think it accurately describes my mood this week.